Tuesday 19 June 2012

Dressing Up For The Olympics










































































Hi there!

Recently, I was hired by a lovely local lady to make a dress for her granddaughter to wear to a big fancy party for the 2012 London Olympics. I didn't have to make the pattern this time. It was an existing Vogue pattern...which means it was SUPER easy and didn't take long to make. What a pleasure this job was...and I wanted to show you the progress pictures and the end result because the fabric is really cool. It's the 'Eternal Flame' limited edition Tana Lawn Liberty print from the SS12 Whitworth Collection. The dress is a simple A-line with princess seams...and coupled with a built-in neon green net petticoat, it really looks like a funky 1950s meets 1980s party frock.

I don't like sports, chaos, or crowds so you can bet I will be hiding under a rock during the London Olympics...but I have to say it was really nice to be involved (although in a very non-direct sort of way) in something Olympics related. So, somewhere out there amongst all the Olympics chaos, there will be something I lovingly made by hand being proudly worn by a wonderful young lady. Very sweet.

Love and Light

x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...