Sunday 19 June 2011

Summer Wedding Fascinators



























Wedding season is here and I have been busy making fascinators. Both of these were made with vintage flowers and bits so they are one-offs....but I have also been very busy making some repro flowers too. I have been studying vintage millinery flower techniques and although I'm still in the experimenting phase, I hope to have some fabulous ones (with a funky, modern twist) made up and in my shop very soon. I'm not really a hat person but I can't seem to resist floral fascinators...or huge flowers in hair! I can probably trace that obsession back to the day I fell in love with Frida Khalo. I spend most days alone in my studio so I never have a reason to put my hair in bunches and festoon it out with huge blossoms, but I am going to a big bridal fair on Thursday...so maybe it will be as good an excuse as any to stick flowers in my hair!

x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful
Sell them on etsy!

ArtDecade said...

Beautiful! Guess what! I'm getting married! It won't be for about two years but I'm engaged. It will be a winter wedding, but I'm doing a total diy wedding. Once I figure out what the dress I'm going to make looks like, I think I'm going to have to commission one of these beautiful fascinators!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...