Wednesday 20 April 2011

Lilacs!














































Hello! I hope you like purple because this post is full of it! Every year it's the same thing. About this time in the April I raid the lilac bushes in my garden. This year, however, was something else. The abundance of blossoms was overwhelming. I picked so many lilacs that I could have seriously flowered out the Royal Wedding...or at least opened my own flower shop. And after all my picking (actually Wayne did most of it) I didn't even make a dent. ..there's millions more out there...wafting their sweetness in the warm breeze.

The house is full of lilacs. Every single solitary vase I own is being used. It's almost too much. The house smells like a funeral parlour...or an old lady's knicker drawer...(clean ones of course!)...but I still love it.

I love lilacs. Especially the white ones (which we don't have). Their time with us is so brief...before you know it, they are gone. I can almost say that perhaps lilacs just might possibly be my favorite flower...that is until my roses start to bloom...or the giant sunflowers get super giant...or in late summer when our wildflower garden is in full swing. Is it possible to have a favorite wildflower? There are so many! Do you have a favorite flower? Tell me about it.

x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite just happens to be LILACS! I can just imagine the lovly smell in your home and yard.
mine have not bloomed yet and i notice yours has very long stems where mine do not,hmmmmmmmmmm.
mine are also purple. I will pick mine this year, I usually leave them out for the neighbors to see but im going to enjoy them inside instead!
I love the smell, mine are purple too.

Laura Ward said...

Such a beautiful set of pictures. Enjoy those blooms!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...